CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We would like to invite Engineers who have experience working within a Critical Environment or Engineers who are looking to move into Critical Environments, to join our talent pool for both current and future opportunities. As a Maintenance Engineer working for the Data Centre Solutions team you will be responsible for ensuring all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests. This may be on a day role or following a shift pattern.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s
- Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with CBRE H&S procedures, using the permit to work system where applicable and action improvements identified during the building and workplace inspections and reviews
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages/emergencies consistent with SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Raise recommendations for improvements through line manager
- Liaise with the CBRE QHS specialist to ensure audit compliance as directed by line management
- Continually communicate high priority tasks issues to end users, client and CBRE Management team
- Assist and enhance service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment.
- Responsibility for own technical training requirements and development program including competency assessments, critical services training and scenario training exercises
- Be or have ambition to become an Authorized Person (LV & HV)
- H&S focused with training to support (employer-based qualifications acceptable)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities.
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations & 2391-52 Testing & Inspection
- BMS Controls Experience / HVAC Experience
- Experience of operation of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of F-Gas an advantage (F-Gas handling not required)
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment