This position is responsible for supervising all aspects of the mailroom operations for a building or campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises personnel assigned to mail services, including establishing work schedules, assigning tasks, cross-training staff to perform shipping/receiving duties as back-up, and evaluating and developing performance.
- Maintains records of the mailing costs incurred by each business unit or department.
- May perform other duties to include delivery of mail, packages, copy products and stationary to assigned group/location per daily schedule. Ensure that all packages received/delivered are shipped and/or delivered same day, or alternatively consignee with be advised of next day delivery.
- May perform other duties to include but not limited to monitoring on-line production/copy requests, setup of conference rooms for client meetings, and answer telephones in a professional manner, direct calls, and take messages.
- Seeks ways to reduce mailroom costs; implements cost savings programs and procedures to increase efficiency
- Recommends change to mail services policies and procedures to Manager; maintains policy and procedural manuals for mailroom operations; informs mailroom personnel of changes made to policies and procedures
- Conducts personnel meetings as necessary in regard to safety, procedures, and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in warehouse, shipping and receiving. Previous supervisory and Mail Services experience preferred.
- College degree holder
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
- Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Willing to be assigned in any of the following locations : Eastwood or UP Ayala Techno Hub
- Open to working on any shift, including 6-day work schedule, depending on business needs
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications.
- Ability to use computer system to record materials received and shipped.
- Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.