MEP Project Manager
Dublin , Ireland
Date published: 10-Dec-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Project Manager M&E (EMEA) will play a key role in managing Engineering Services on Projects across an EMEA Office Real Estate portfolio. We are looking for an experienced MEP / Building Services Engineering professional. This is a position based in Dublin but may require some travel across EMEA (estimated 25% travel).
- Support EMEA Engineering Services Manager and EMEA Facilities Project Managers with management of Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) disciplines across EMEA projects.
- Ensure M&E design meets all Client Design Standards and local legislation for all EMEA offices.
- Review and approve M&E Basis of Design for each project.
- Review and approve M&E Design including Drawing, Specifications and Schematic reviews.
- Provide input to local design teams to ensure the M&E design is innovative, cost effective and meets client design & sustainability standards.
- Develop client BMS design brief.
- Review and approve BMS design concept.
- Manage and control all aspects of commissioning of M&E services and technical training on projects and manage the handover of the project from the Project Delivery Team to Facilities Operations Team.
- Review and management of O&M’s.
- Oversee excellent and consistent levels of customer satisfaction delivery across all Projects.
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional groups across EMEA and provide technical assistance where required.
- Support energy and sustainability related projects.
- Leadership and management of external contractors and design teams.
- Produce and communicate management information as required.
- Support the Real Estate and Transaction team where required.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the Facilities environment.
- Other duties as requested by the Projects Director in order to meet the changing needs and demands of our business.
- Strong Client/Customer Relationship Management.
Undergrad degree in a Building Services or M&E discipline.
Supplementary PM Qualification is an advantage.
PM Specific certificates / licences desirable
Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Organizational skills coupled with attention to detail.
Exceptional levels of communication plus fluent written and spoken English.
Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, senior management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, stakeholders, senior management and take desired action.
Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills and proven record of providing excellent internal/external customer service.
Excellent technical knowledge of building wide mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
Capable of handling high level communication.
- An in-depth knowledge of MEP system designs for office real estate fit out projects obtained from either working as a MEP Design consultant or via multiple years’ experience working on projects as a Technical Services Manager.
- 3-6 years’ experience in technical services management role with an in-depth knowledge of MEP systems designed and installed in Office Fit Out Projects / Live Office Environments.
- Experience of Office Fit Out projects in the UK & IRE.
- Experience in Industry best practices including CIBSE, ASHRAE, BSRIA, SFG20
- Experience in environmental accreditation systems (BREEAM, LEED, WELL)
- Experience with vendor and contract management.
- 3 + years’ experience in Project management role. (desirable)
- Experience in a multi-office environment’s across multiple time zones. (desirable)
- Experience of Office Fit Out Projects Internationally would be an advantage. (desirable)
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of issues in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based technology client environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
Proficient in MS Suites to include Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc.
Ability to easily read and understand technical, building services drawings.
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Working knowledge of both Project and Contract management.