Purpose of role
· To work closely alongside Senior members of the team and provide consistent MEP support to the Cost Consultancy team.
· Manage MEP led projects from RIBA Stage 1 estimation through to final account
· Provide technical support to Cost Consultancy team to assist with value engineering exercises
· To manage smaller projects throughout the construction lifecycle inclusive of MEP & Architectural works
· To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service.
Offering the opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest names in the technology industry and emerging markets, on a wide range of schemes for large scale developments, commercial property, data centres and occupier frameworks.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, good commercial acumen and motivation to engage with the wider market promoting value for client projects.
The role offers the opportunity to work across a wide range of sectors, countries and develop skills in a wide range of competencies including; capital planning, cost estimation, tendering & procurement, whole life cycle costing and SMART building technology.
The successful candidate will be joining an a close knit and experienced team, willing to support them in future ventures allowing them to follow their passions.
· Assisting the Senior members of the Cost Consultancy team across projects generally.
· Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
· Producing estimates and cost plans with minimal support and confidently presenting the outputs to Clients.
· Clearly identifying change in costs in cost plans and communicating this effectively to Clients.
· Taking a lead on the tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
· Dealing effectively with the post contract changes and implementing efficient tools to track change and report regularly to clients. Where necessary, major changes to be discussed with more Senior members in the team to offer support.
· Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
· Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
· Inputting into value engineering.
· Negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
· Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Marketing and business development, to include:
· Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existing and new clients and informing your line manager of any opening leads.
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
· Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the internal database.
· Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager.
· Taking lead responsibilities to become champions in areas required within the Cost Management business; for example, Benchmarking, Causeway, Cost X, other initiatives can be brought to the table and discussed with your line manager. The Cost Consultant will be responsible for organising any training workshops and upskilling staff.
Depending upon context, a Cost Consultant is likely to report to a Senior Cost Consultant, or Associate Director.