CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a M&E Shift Engineer (BOAS) to join the team located in the London. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all environmental conditions are always maintained, regarding critical building systems. The individual will also be carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site.
• Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made- these reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to always maintain plant in serviceable order
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works; to provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices
• Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and the client representatives
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment including always wearing of uniform and PPE
• Ensure the professional image of CBRE Managed Services is always presented to clients
• Ensure up to date shift logs are always kept
• Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE Managed services are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
• Supervise and monitor sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
• Arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
• Remain on site until relieved by incoming shift, or as otherwise agreed by the account management team
• Undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate including appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Maximo, Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured
• Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system)
• Any other task as directed by the account management team
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English; basic Mathematics skills
• Steam boiler qualifications such as D6 and BOAS; formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance / BMS Knowledge
• Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
• Experience of operating and maintaining steam boilers and steam systems Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria
• Good all-round knowledge of general building works, diagnostic and repair procedures with working knowledge of building services systems/ maintenance schedules
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• Calm manner with ability to work under pressure; able to make sound decisions
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg; able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment and ability to work at heights
• A team player, able to work with CBRE/client’s representatives
• Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.