We are currently recruiting for a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to work on a range of fast paced commercial fit-out and refurbishment projects, largely for global occupier clients. The successful candidate will quickly be expected to be work under their own initiative with support from Director level.
Our Cost Consultancy service line is an integral part of CBRE’s Building Consultancy & Planning Department. We are a supportive and friendly team that prides itself on promoting professionalism, growth mentality and enjoyable working relationships. Our experienced quantity surveyors are engaged in some of the most exciting fitting-out projects in the Greater London region as well as undertaking projects in several European countries. Our clients enjoy working with us and our aim is to exceed all their expectations in providing a world class service.
• Provide knowledge on all aspects of mechanical and electrical quantity surveying roles and responsibilities
• Takes ownership and responsibility for defined scope of work
• Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced detailed bills of quantities c/w labour hours and material costs
• Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
• Tracking the Project Hours Spent V’s Earned schedule
• Carry out full construction take off, prepare construction cost plan, track costs and labour efficiency throughout the project
• Present take off's in a clear and coherent format while also understanding NRM2 requirements and procedures
• Providing timely and accurate CCS submissions each month
• Preparing timing and accuracy of submission of valuation and agreement of certification each month end
• Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month (Understand payment conditions within the Construction Act)
• Producing timing and accurate cash flow submissions each month
• To ensure the final account is agreed within specific project timeline
• Ensuring the Company will not be exposed to launch 3rd party claims
• Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts and manage through to final account
• BSc Hons, Diploma or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering would be ideal but not essential
• Previous relevant M&E experience
• Demonstrable knowledge of the Construction sector with M&E expertise
• Ideally have TIER 1 experience
• Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
• Preferred experience will include both pre-contracts work e.g. feasibility, cost plans, cost estimating, tender documentation etc. through to post contract work to include contract administration, variations, valuations etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.