CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a M&E Multi Skilled Electrical Engineer to join the team located in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all environmental conditions are always maintained regarding critical building systems.
• Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made; these reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works; to provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works and send out site communications if necessary
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the supervisor
• Ensure that you work within the site Risk assessments and Method Statements and be able to carry out your own Dynamic risk Assessment if any work deviates from the original RAMS
• Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE and BD staff, subcontractors and the client representatives
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment; make sure to always include the wearing of uniform and PPE
• Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are always locked at and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
• Supervise and monitor of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
• Arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns; undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate; ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance systems are updated, and work is closed out in a timely fashion; proficient on computers to enable you to communicate via email and quote / order parts
• Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system)
• Flexible with working times towards the end of the day in the event of an emergency or if a critical alarm appears on the BMS
• Part of the on-call Rota; respond to call outs and take emergency action to ensure minimal interruption; communicate to all members of the production and business team both CBRE and BD that the call out effects both verbally while on site and an email before you leave site
• Any other task as directed by the account management team
• Good all-round knowledge of general building works, diagnostic and repair procedures, working knowledge of building services systems and maintenance schedules
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English & Basic Mathematics skills
• Formally trained in electrical/17th / 18th Edition / BMS Knowledge; time served city and guilds or Tech II in mechanical/electrical engineering or related discipline essential or equivalent NVQ
• Health and safety or first aid training would be beneficial
• Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria
• Good all-round knowledge of general building works, diagnostic and repair procedures; working knowledge of building services systems/ maintenance schedules
• Good verbal communication and written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure; able to make sound decisions
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg
• Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment; able to work at heights
• A team player, able to work with CBRE and the client’s representatives
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.