CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a London Engineering Manager to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the tactical and operational management of the client’s critical environment infrastructure (including co-lo sites) and practical delivery of best in class operational standards resulting in an excellent engineering service provision across the UK portfolio.
• Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender
• Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors activities and are regularly review
• Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery
• Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place
• Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues
• Support the UKI Engineering Manager to develop contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Ensuring customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and those effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
• Promoting and maintaining the core RISE Values of CBRE
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment, and recognition/reward
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning; ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential
• Recognised tertiary qualification to BTEC, ONC or HNC level for Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline
• A strong and committed team player capable of prioritising and solving problems often under pressure, utilising innovative solution
• Must be well organised with good task management skills, who can communicate effectively (written & verbal) and be able to operate independently
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Good administrative skills
• Well organised and good prioritisation and planning skills
• Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
• Knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry
• Health & Safety qualification
• A minimum of ten years post training experience, five years of which in maintaining critical
• Five years’ experience in data centre operations, maintenance, and engineering supporting Tier 3 or greater critical facilities operations; minimum five years’ experience managing a team
• Proven experience and involvement business critical engineering systems
• Experience in HV operations
• Worked within a client contract environment requiring specific KPI performance measures
• Practical experience in working with supply partners to deliver a seamless, integrated service
• Customer services experience and the ability to communicate at all levels
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.