Commercial & Contract Management
? Provide legal advice and support to the business on all contractual matters.
? Manage the standard contract system (including developing and maintaining/updating standard contracts, contracts database).
? Train staff on contract management requirements as required;
? Manage and review business contracts as requested;
? Participate key/ significant contract negotiations with business line in case of need;
? Assist senior legal counsel and country compliance team in drafting corporate policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures. Support in interpretation and implementation of all such policies and guidelines;
? Provide legal advice and proactively manage the regions legal risks by coordinating the risk management process;
? Assist to provide training to staff, management and senior executive on corporate policy and compliance guidelines and policies;
? As designated, assist in conducting compliance related investigations and potential claims in collaboration with country compliance team.
? closely monitor, advise, assist and follow up with bad debt with finance team and business line, come up with action plans and options,;
? collaborate with third party agent or outside counsels for the overall case management;
? support HR and labor disputes and other third parties claims by selecting, engaging, guiding and managing external counsels, if need.
Legal Support and Advisory Services
? Proactively provide general legal advice to all the business line and other functional department for risk identification, exposure assessment and solutions for legal documents and decisions made in the business operations.
? Come up with pragmatic and workable scenarios, strategies and proposals within the existing business framework.
? Assists in drafting and consolidating the required training materials and delivers the related trainings as requested to the business line and functions.
? Work with legal operation manager to prepare, draft and submit all the corporate action related documents, liaison with external agent to achieve the agreed milestones.
? Work with Asia regional legal team and global legal team for the corporate wide legal efforts and programs;
? Other works as properly designated by Senior Legal Counsel China and General Counsel Asia.
To act as the company’s lawyer in the region under direction from the Senior Legal Counsel –China.
1. Bachelor or master law degree, PRC bar qualification required; 6-8 years PQE
2. Prior working experience in MNCs as in-house counsel is a must; preferably with prior experience in real estate broker/ property management industry.
3. Commercial acumen and strong business sense, very strong communication and interpersonal skills in English and Chinese; capability to develop and maintain a relationship with internal clients. The ability to formulate creative, practical legal and business solutions and to play strong, positive roles independently and on multiple businesses with minimal supervision will be critical.
4. Ability to act independently and reliably under time pressure and on multiple tasks, cooperative and team oriented working style;
5. Solid integrity and sense of responsibility, enthusiastic, proactive.
6. Have organizational agility, integrity and the ability to build trust, ability to priorities and multilevel communication.