At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career in your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organisation with tremendous scale providing world-class commercial real estate services and outsourcing.
CBRE's legal department is an integral part of our support services offering. We are specialized in commercial real estate contracts and practices and are ideally positioned to help resolve any legal challenges.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to join our team. Based in Kuala Lumpur, the successful candidate will provide legal and strategic support to the Company’s Europe Legal Department by drafting, reviewing and revising various commercial real estate agreements and working with designated legal professionals within the Legal Department to ensure contract terms meet with Company standards.
- Review, draft and revise commercial brokerage and client service agreements, contracts and other legal instruments for review and approval by designated members of the Legal Department.
- Identify, analyse and negotiate legal issues as they relate to the Company’s activities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with CBRE counsel and internal clients via email, instant message and web based video on the status of assignments, open issues, negotiating points and solutions.
- Adhere to the Company “playbook” and procedures for drafting and reviewing Company agreements, while remaining highly responsive to the Europe Legal Department.
- Problem solve and deal with a variety of options in routine business situations. Draw upon the analysis of others and make recommendations that have a direct impact on the Company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Licensed to practice law Malaysia.
- Experience with or exposure to property and facilities management, brokerage law or other commercial real estate transactions preferred.
- Ability to identify key legal and business issues quickly.
- Ability to comfortably and accurately discuss and explain legal analysis in English to CBRE’s counsel and internal clients.