Legal Counsel, Corporate Supply Chain
Bangsar South , Malaysia
Date published: 21-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career in your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organisation with tremendous scale providing world-class commercial real estate services and outsourcing.
CBRE's legal department is an integral part of our support services offering. We are specialized in commercial real estate contracts and practices and are ideally positioned to help resolve any legal challenges.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel. Based in Kuala Lumpur, this person will provide legal and strategic support to the Global Corporate Supply Chain Department.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing procurement-related contracts that support CBRE’s business objectives, with a specific concentration in technology-related matters.
- Meet with internal clients to fully understand the business objectives and initially assess the risks arising out of a proposed transaction.
- Exercise sound legal and business judgment in determining when issues require the involvement of other parts of the business, including CSC Sourcing, CBRE Data Security and CBRE Risk.
- Demonstrate proficient commercial contracting expertise in technology and services industries, as well as sound understanding of intellectual property law in the context of procuring equipment, software, and services (including SaaS and data subscriptions).
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years commercial contracting experience with emphasis on procurement-related contracting involving information technology transactions (equipment, SaaS, on-prem software, data subscriptions, NDAs, professional services, including statements of work.)
- Licensed to practice law Malaysia.
- Ability to identify key legal and business issues quickly.
- Ability to comfortably and accurately discuss and explain legal analysis in English to CBRE’s counsel and internal clients.
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.