CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE uniquely positioned to provide a complete set of services to corporate occupiers of commercial real estate across EMEA. GWS is redefining ‘workplace’ because we believe every place of work can become a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, quality, brand — the workplace contributes to business results, whether it’s an office, a retail outlet, a laboratory, a data centre, a manufacturing environment or a virtual location.
Job Title: Lead Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions, leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management, are recruiting a Lead Engineer to join the team located in London.
The successful candidate will be able to apply a risk-focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments and general office environments.
• Able to manage own time and allocate works to other team members
• Able to manage cost related to delivery of maintenance activities (specialist and self-perform)
• Ensuring all client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements or appropriate SLAs
• Operate dilapidation and update plans relating to critical environments
• Operate change control process covering business critical areas
• Provide technical management reports as required
• Provide emergency response standby/call-out
• Monitor utilities management and environmental programmes
• Support critical environment related technical audits
• Support cost-effective procurement of engineering maintenance services.
• Operate within annual engineering budgets for the maintenance and repair of the services
• Responsibility for ensuring all critical related engineering maintenance documentation/records are kept in clearly identified and retrievable systems
• Advise the Facilities Management Team of changes in critical environment requirements
• Plan Statutory Compliance Maintenance and Testing and report as required the Statutory Compliance Audit Report to the Technical Services Manager
• Ensure all PPM’s and Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule
• Monitor and analyse environmental conditions, review the loading and working conditions of critical equipment regularly
• Liaise with the CBRE EHS specialist to ensure audit compliance at all times
• Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with CBRE H&S procedures, using the permit to work system where applicable and action improvements identified during the building and workplace inspections and reviews
• Escalate urgent issues identified through to the Technical Services Manager
• Electrician with recognised qualifications (apprenticeship, HND, C&G)
• 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations - essential
• Previous experience in operating data centres/critical environments - desirable
• Knowledge of emergency response/standby/call out activities and protocols
• Understand the monitoring of utilities and environmental programmes
• IOSH or equivalent H&S training
• Excellent contract/supplier management skills
• Excellent facilitation, communication skills at all levels
• Self-motivated, resourceful and pro-active
• Confident decision maker
• Understanding of water hygiene (L8) - desirable
• BMS Controls experience / HVAC experience - desirable
• Operational experience of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling
• Operational experience of managing Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Systems
• PC and MS office skills