CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Lead Engineer (Shift) to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Corsham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of all round engineering support, maintaining the Operational Assets at the Data Centres.
- Provide sickness and holiday cover for your equivalent opposite shift team member.
- Responsible for managing and controlling the Permit systems and safe systems of work for the campus.
- Monitor the PPM system and to update plant records and assets as and when required.
- First point of escalation during your Shift.
- To ensure current health and safety legislation is carried out on site.
- Ownership of inspection logs for access and lifting equipment to ensure QA processes are maintained and auditable.
- To complete in conjunction with the Operations Manager Monthly Permit report ensuring that significant events or activities as well as areas of concern are noted in the report.
- Monitor critical areas for cleanliness ensuring plant rooms and equipment are regularly checked, cleaned and maintained.
- To ensure quality is maintained throughout the facilities
- Ensure that all work is inspected prior to the closure of work permits in conjunction with the engineering team
- Supervise, coordinate and manage the engineering team undertake PPM or reactive works in accordance with the agreed timescale, providing technical support and leadership for the engineering team.
- Allocate PPM tasks to engineering team.
- Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including HV operations).
- Controlling all activities being undertaken within the campus buildings. Liaising with the Site Personnel to make them aware of Specialist Service Provider visits prepare and have approved Standard Operating Procedures/PTW in advance of these visits.
- Ensure that Specialist Service Provider (SSP) worksheets are signed off where necessary that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are escalated to the Site Management Team.
- Maintain effective shift handovers including critical plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works, special task requests, and standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Building Supervisor.
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- Ensure the SSP comply with the contractual service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping.
- Level 3 Engineer
- HV Authorised Person.
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- Permit to Work AP qualified.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, Generators, Bladerooms, Water Treatment, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of technicians/operatives.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Have good IT and reporting skills.
- Physical Fitness