Lead Engineer, Data Center Solutions - East, Changi (Office Hour with 24/7 Standby)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 18-Mar-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Data Center Solutions (DCS) is the leading provider of full-spectrum life cycle services to data center owners, occupiers, and investors, including consulting services, advisory and transaction services, project management, and integrated data center operations.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Provision of all-round engineering support in maintaining the Operational Assets.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Engineering Operational activities within the buildings are controlled and that they are being carried out with due regard to Health and Safety, business risk and maintaining the 100% uptime criteria.
- Appointed as an HV authorised person for the sites you will champion technical operations compliance at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent standards of response to Asset performance, completion of assigned work and ensure any abnormal operating conditions and housekeeping issues are dealt with proficiently.
- Supervise and manage the technical on-site team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved. The Senior Engineer is responsible for setting performance goals for the team, as well as responsible for the development, coaching, and counselling of the team members.
- Responsible to coordinate work permits and to escalate where necessary approval of permits that can affect the business-critical systems.
- Closely monitor the Risk Assessments and Supplier activities on the campus and ensure they follow current H&S legalisation.
- Manage contractors/suppliers to insure maintenance, repairs, and operations are to a high standard and in line with maintenance agreements/SLAs.
- Develop, implement and audit local Method of Procedures (MOP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP’s).
- Monitor the closure of the permits and provide the business with an ‘end of business report’ of outstanding permits.
- Supporting CMMS Operator in scheduling, closing off PPM’s and entering reactive works to the planned preventative maintenance system will also be part of the position.
- Provide relief to the Critical Facilities Manager during their absence.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in critical services industry
- HV Authorised Person/Operator.
- Confined Space entry trained / AP (Where required)
- Electrical Licence
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, Generators, Static Switches, Water Treatment, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of technicians/operatives.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.