CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Lead Engineer to join the team located in Bracknell. The successful candidate will be responsible for all preventative maintenance and servicing on all associated equipment and services. This role will also manage the appointment and monitoring of specialist contractor activities and take ownership of the QHSE logbooks.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance and servicing on all associated equipment and services as and when directed
• Be proactive in identifying potential breakdowns, noncompliance and opportunities for improvement
• Maintain and continually review site asset register for completeness and accuracy
• Identify and follow up additional works required from works orders including material requisitioning, scheduling, planning and action
• Carry out all reactive requests from the client as directed by the management team
• Operate and monitor plant safely
• Maintain up to date records of work carried out on plant and equipment within the QHSE logbooks, BMS & CMMS systems and complete all necessary site paperwork as directed
• Comply with Company and Client safety requirements
• Comply and adhere to all safety processes which include PTW, risk assessments, method statements and all associated site and legal requirements
• Act as first-line escalation for technical incidents, including out of hours call-out
• Provide assistance with meeting room layout changes
• Provide management and control of sub-contractor activities including; appointment, monitoring, scope/quotation review, QHSE controls, performance reviews
• Provide input into site CAPEX plan and asset lifecycle plan; promoting high quality data within CMMS
• Prepare business cases for justification for extra works, extra works quotations and project opportunities
• Organise and manage extra works and projects where necessary
• Be appointed as an ‘Authorised Person’ for high-risk disciplines as appropriate for site
• Create and implement technical procedures as needed
• Be flexible to accommodate reasonable requests not specifically covered in the detail above
• Formally served apprenticeship in electrical discipline
• IT literate, with knowledge of computer-based CMMS Systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT literate, with knowledge of computer-based CMMS Systems and MS Office suite
• Good diagnostic and analytical acumen
• Individually focussed but with team player skills
• Good underpinning knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems in a building services environment
• Understanding of safety and safe systems of work
• Extensive experience in maintaining HVAC equipment
• Knowledge and experience of working with PTW systems
• Able to accommodate call-out
• Ability to accommodate out-of-hours working where needed
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.