CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Lead Calibration Engineer to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive, practical calibration and instrumentation service delivery to the client.
• Provision of a comprehensive Control and Instrumentation service, to the whole site
• Creation of site Cal procedures/maintenance plans
• Defining equipment tolerances for plant equipment
• Identifying required test equipment
• Identifying space requirements for calibration workspace / test equipment
• Ensure maximum availability of plant and user equipment through efficient planned maintenance and prompt response to faults
• Provide technical support for projects and assist with commissioning and hand over works for plant and user equipment
• Ensure that all work on planned and unplanned maintenance are completed and issued and closed in full compliance with the CMMS
• Raise continuous improvements to systems to improve efficiency, downtime or maintenance strategy
• Raising deviations following the sites standard operating procedure when calibrations are outside their tolerance and have failed calibration
• Planning and completion of planned preventative & client request calibrations
• First line diagnostics of field instruments and planning/completion of the required remedial work
• Recognize spares requirements, order spares and make stock items as necessary
• Ensure test equipment is sent away to third party suppliers as per the CMMS and records updated accordingly
• Ensure suitability of test and measurement equipment and updating as necessary
• Initiate and receive Permits to Work in accordance with procedure
• Lead the Generation of RCA’s and A3 investigations
• Cross account support where required to meet specific tasks with cross team collaboration expected
• Ensure that all Work Orders are completed within contract metric timelines
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematical skills
• Formal Calibration and Instrumentation Bias Apprenticeship; HNC/HNC Level within Relevant Engineering Field; cGXP Training
• 3 Years Calibration Maintenance experience within a regulated industry (Pharmaceutical, Food processing etc); experience Writing Calibration Procedures
• Good verbal communication skills; good written English skills
• Excellent IT Literacy
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure
• Able to make sound decisions when needed
• Physically fit. Able to ascend and descend vertical access equip
• Able to work at heights and on roofs
• A team player, able to work with CBRE and client’s staff
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.