CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a LEV Engineer to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively ensuring the day to day delivery of planned and reactive maintenance tasks within the LEV Maintenance team against a set plan of work. This will include the supervision of specialist sub-contractors and ensuring all CBRE paperwork is up to date. Also ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures are followed as per the CBRE QHSE guidelines.
• Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using client CAFM systems e.g. eLogbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, SAP, Prime
• Full awareness and adhere to guidance and procedures defined in both AZ or CBRE Standard Operating Procedures and other related documents (in particular: LDMS_001_00087535 - UK SHE Procedure - The Management of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Systems, AZDoc0003427 - Management of LEV Systems in SAP and PRIME Procedure, Contract Specification Document Work Stream 15)
• Act as deputy and second point of contact for customers and stake holders to support the service operationally for aspects of the LEV Lead role during annual leave or when unavailable for defined and planned periods
• Ensure you work in a safe manner always and demonstrate a positive SHE culture including near miss reporting and adhere to SSOW, RAMS and follow all client and area procedures
• Ensure clearance certificates are in place or that there has been appropriate communication of potentially hazardous contaminants prior to Maintenance activities
• Arrange appropriate safe systems of work for all Maintenance related activities (Permits to Work, LEC etc.)
• Help to ensure a system is in place to track all "materials or parts" orders for each activity or SAP work order from initial order to arrival onsite to completion
• Help to ensure effective coordination of all "maintenance" and "Thorough Examination and Testing" consumables and reorder without disruption to service delivery
• Support with updates to any related documents or internal SOPs where appropriate; support change and service delivery development and assist with implementation
• Deliver TExT and maintenance activities as well as biological decontamination, KI Discus and DOP activities as instructed by the LEV Lead
• Assist in Updating any related documents or internal SOPs where appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is maintained and calibrated to the relevant defined standards. (For example: all test equipment must be calibrated on an annual basis.); responsible to complete regular vehicle checks for role allocated van
• Ensure any specific PPE (For example: Respiratory Protective Equipment) is managed in accordance with HSE guidance
• Compliance with and record keeping for CBRE ISO 9001/14001 etc. and all Quality Management Systems
• Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations
• Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Support or Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements
• Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved; ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules
• Install and repair plant as required and directed and respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues and requests associated with site
• Observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work
• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested
• Good verbal communication skills at all levels with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills; recognised technical qualifications to carry out the role of a multi skilled CBRE engineer
• Able to acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge of a building’s operation and services
• Able to work outside of discipline
• Able to hold meetings with the clients and represent and promote the CBRE ethos
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg
• To co-operate readily, politely and amicably with other Company personnel
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of CBRE Managed Services
• Delivery of service in accordance with CBRE, Procedures and Policies
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.