CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an International Project Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for oversight of all Critical Engineering Project related matters across the entire International portfolio for the Client. This involves assisting the professional team in undertaking technical due diligence and feasibility studies at the outset of a project, through to design development, delivery, and soft-landing into operations, on completion.
• Lead all Project technical design solutions for the buildings in scope, and act as the primary point of contact for the CBRE senior leadership team, and the clients Critical Engineering Team
• Where necessary attend Property inspections to undertake technical due diligence surveys or feasibility studies – normally undertaken as part of an acquisition or disposal, driven by a lease event or a business consolidation/growth requirement
• Assist the PjM in selecting and assembling a professional team, in particular - the selection of an M&E Consultant and potentially other members of the technical design/delivery team e.g. CDMC, Structural Engineer, and Energy Consultant/advisor etc
• Where required, provide the client with a high-level Project technical brief for the development of an RFP
• Assist with the subsequent RFP evaluations when selecting an M&E design team, or main tender bid for appointment of a main works contractor
• Assist the PjM in the monitoring and development of the project budget associated with M&E Critical Engineering Services
• Ensure the design and installation of all M&E Services are compliant with latest legislation in terms of statutory requirements, health & safety, and environmental management
• Ensure compliance with the clients, engineering Design Guidelines (latest edition), technical bulletins, incident exterminators, and all other procedural documentation relating to standards of performance and engineering policy
• When required, attend Project design development meetings and participate in the decision-making process to ensure the M&E Infrastructure design meets the client’s minimum standards and expectations
• Peer review M&E designers’ drawings at the various gateways, and provide the consultant with constructive comments and advice in respect of a) Feasibility, b) Outline Scheme Design (OSD) & c) Final Scheme Design (FSD); requirement to assist in the development of a commissioning and testing program, and detailed Integrated Systems Test (IST)
• Undertake site inspections during the delivery phase of a project to assess the quality of installed MEP services, which should include (but not be limited to) workmanship, quality of materials, and future accessibility for maintenance etc
• Attend client principle meetings when requested, and be prepared to question the delivery team on progress (cost, time, quality)
• Where necessary attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), and on-site performance/load tests, to witness the correct operation of critical plant and equipment
• Following project completion, take an active role in the development of a project close-out report, associated with the MEP Services; take an active role in any post project lessons learnt sessions
• Work collaboratively with the clients TI teams, Central CBRE energy management team, and any other CBRE PjM team on the account
• Operating in different territories there is a requirement for sensitivity around cultural needs of local staff and management teams, and a need to research and adapt to the differing codes of practice and local legislation
• Excellent Client/Vendor relationship skills
• Ability to effectively respond to complex engineering technical inquiries
• Effective utilisation of CBRE key/preferred vendors in the supply chain
• Good report writing skills. Ability to prepare a presentation for a non-technical audience
• Energy & sustainability and commercial awareness
• Intermediate analytical and quantitative skills, particularly - project delivery cost plans
• Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office Suite
• Time served Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Manager with a minimum qualification HNC or an appropriate engineering bias degree
• A minimum of ten years post training experience, five years of which in maintaining critical engineering environments
• A working knowledge of delivering complex critical engineering infrastructure projects within a Financial Services organisation particularly - Investment Banking
• Membership of an Engineering related professional body i.e. CIBSE/IEE and a Health & Safety qualification (IOSH minimum or preferably NEBOSH)
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.