Integrated Systems Specialist
Cambridge , United Kingdom
Date published: 15-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Integrated Systems Specialist to join the team located in Cambridge.
Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate will join the Applied Sciences team; a newly created team within the Integrated Laboratory Solutions (iLS) group within CBRE-GWS, with the purpose of providing first line software & technical support to enable minimal laboratory equipment downtime.
This role will be supporting some of the most advanced & complex laboratory automation platforms available in the market today, with the objective of enabling our client to carryout cutting-edge scientific research.
You will be embedded within High-Throughput Screening to provide first-line software, technical & hardware support for their HighRes BioSolutions CoLab platforms with the primary objective of maximising system reliability & availability. You will draw upon your broad depth of experience to establish best-practice for how these cutting edge systems should be operated, configured & optimised to ensure peak operational performance.
The role will also work with the wider Applied Sciences team to support additional automation platforms when required and will be based in Cambridge with an initial 12-18 month secondment at Alderley Park to support the departments relocation to their new facility at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
Duties for this role will include:
- Act as 'first-responder' for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity.
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance & system optimisation regime for equipment incorporated into the HighRes BioSolutions CoLab platforms in HTS.
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrence.
- Develop innovative support solutions built around the requirements of HTS at AstraZeneca, utilising Lab of the Future methodologies.
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within HTS at the client site.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation
- Develop Platform Specific Training Packages tailored to the CoLab platforms, intended for:
- iLS Engineers – Contextualised first-line support for key equipment integrated into the CoLab platforms.
- b. Scientists – Best Practice training to ensure optimal routine operation.
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation.
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Leverage the expertise & experience of the network of Integrated Systems Specialists and the wider Applied Sciences team from across CBRE iLS accounts.
- HND in a Mechatronic related subject
- Multiple years of experience in lab instrument support
- Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
- Previous experience of working in multidisciplinary customer facing teams
- Advanced Technical Skills in field of expertise
- Experience of servicing scientific equipment
- Good understanding of device networking and communications protocols
- Acts promptly in routine and escalated service situations
- Has a positive and professional approach
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.