Insurance Claims Processor
Glasgow , United Kingdom
Date published: 26-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Property Management UK (CBRE PM UK) are onshoring their existing insurance claims operation to their Accounting Office in Glasgow. This is an exciting time to be joining a new team that will be part of the wider Insurance Team. You will be responsible for processing all claims submitted internally in relation to the properties under management within CBRE PM UK. The claims to be processed are mainly property damage, public or property owner’s liability, business interruption and engineering claims on behalf of the Landlord. In respect of Public Liability claims these can also be processed to insurers on behalf of PMUK.
Process improvement and new technologies, such as a new claims handling system and Robotic Process Automation, are at the heart of this new setup and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in these exciting projects.
- Ensure the correct logging of all insurance claims submitted internally from the Property Management UK Facilities Managers, Building Managers or Surveyors in relation to the properties under management.
- Check and collate all the relevant supporting documents/correspondence at the time of submission.
- Notify the claim to the relevant party (insurer / broker / loss adjuster) providing all information relating to the claim timely and within agreed SLAs
- Maintain clear communication between all stakeholders in the process; Building Managers, insurer/broker claims handler, loss adjuster, solicitors etc.
- Monitor claims progress and ensure any correspondence updates are processed in a timely manor and the claims log is updated
- Chase progress as required and escalate where necessary
- Work closely with Property Management Accounting Teams to ensure claim settlement payments are processed efficiently
- Provide support and advice as and when required to all parties through the claims process
- Experience in a similar claims processing role
- Good communicator
- Professional telephone manor
- High attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Fast learner with new processes and systems (although full training will be provided)
- Ideally come from a Property Management background / have experience in property damage and public liability insurance claims (but not essential)
- Attention to detail - you will need to ensure that all conditions of a claim are met to ensure that the claim can be processed and validated.
- Technical knowledge of the insurance industry
- An analytical mind
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- A working knowledge of computers and computer programmes such as Excel and Word
- The ability to work to a deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, customer care and communication skills