Instrument & Control Engineer, Data Centre - Woodlands
Woodlands , Singapore
Date published: 16-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Degree/Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Building Automation or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Building Control System.
- Possess excellent depth and breadth of end to end control and monitoring system for commercial and industrial application
- An excellent understanding and experience of the chilled water system, mechanical and control systems for Generators, Fuel Systems, Siemens Building Automation/Management Systems, Power Management System (Siemens EPMS), ACMV, Variable Frequency Drives (VSDs).
- Added advantage if also familiar with Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- Able to troubleshoot control circuit, instrument/sensors and actuators with entire end to end in mind for all control and monitoring system
- Proficient in DDC/PLC programming and HMI software
- Added advantage if also familiar with IT system incl. operating software, servers and switches; network protocol and configuration; and system patching
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity and capability, environmental conditions etc.).
- Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills. Previous experience of supervising highly qualified Technicians and reporting to peers and senior managers. Support respective system owners on any system related issues.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programmes aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term. Keep up to date with latest technology for value added enhancement.
- Self-starter with minimum supervision for strategic planning and execution to achieve business objectives
- Technical Supervision of the operation, maintenance and repair of all critical environment systems, e.g. BAS, SCADA, Intelligent Lighting system, Automatic Fire protection system, while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems
- Work with global instrumentation and cluster teams to troubleshoot and resolve any system level issues at remote servers and cluster level incl. any system enhancement assigned
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the Data Centre domain
- Follow up and close out on all BMS issues raised by the CE Team through daily shift reports and CMMS open WO’s.
- Maintain all BMS controls and equipment at optimal operational level including calibration of all sensors.
- Develop and maintain complete asset list of all the BAS and EPMS system incl. instrument, sensors, power meters, valve and actuators, etc.
- Develop and keep up to date all site mechanical and controls and BMS related procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, and APs. All documentation should be consistent with current client standards.
- Specification and recording of the Technician Training certification program and supervision of drill and scenario training aids
- Generation of periodic technical reports detailing the activities and issues relevant to the Data Centre domain
- Provide site specific mechanical and controls training to the CE Team
- Drive site wide energy efficiency and maintain targeted site PUE
- Assist in the development and training of technicians and apprentices with BAS/EPMS related issues.