IT Business Analyst
Brisbane , Australia
Date published: 11-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Scrum framework to analyse and communicate business requirements and to support with the successful delivery of new features, enhancements and updates for our client’s products.
About the Role
The Business Analyst is instrumental on gathering requirements for custom application development and collaborates with the development team to communicate these requirements by documenting and developing user stories, acceptance criteria and ensuring that project deliverables meet the client requirements.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to document technical requirements to implement new systems, integrations or product enhancements.
- Writing and/or reviewing detailed requirements submitted by clients as guided by the Technical Product Owner.
- Writing functional user stories in response to requirements submitted by clients.
- Engaging and supporting the dev-team with the implementation of the requirements and user stories throughout the development lifecycle.
- Actively participating in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Assist with the project management of small-to-medium sized work packages, ensuring they are appropriately scoped and completed on schedule.
- Modelling business processes.
- Identifying and communicating risk.
- Maintaining cost efficiencies.
You would be suitable for this role if you have:
- Experience delivering projects using Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of the software development delivery lifecycle, with the ability to successfully participate in the delivery of a solution from beginning to end or join at any stage of the delivery process.
- Proven effectiveness in working with vendors in conjunction with product owners for the development of new features and products.
- Excellent time management and work prioritisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some knowledge of or experience working in prop-tech is desirable but not required, as well as working on public API implementations.
- Demonstrated experience with a scrum framework, and with the use of JIRA.
We look forward to hearing from you.