ICT Data Centre Technician, Science Park (Rotating Shift)
Science Park , Singapore
Date published: 19-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role is in support of Data Centre Operations for Proximity Services based at the Singapore Data Centre where the aim is to deliver service to the best possible standard for all infrastructure and processes managed within the data centre. The Data Centre technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance and overall support to our customers providing 24/7 cover through a 12 hour shift pattern.
- The Data Centre Technician will also be responsible for the installation of racks, network and computer equipment. Each Data Centre technician is also responsible for managing and implementing installations as required, including shelves, power strips, rails, cable management and customer IT equipment. When required identify issues with the hardware or cabling, which can include replacing internal components and testing, tracing and labelling of cabling.
- Liaising with counterparts within the company globally and 3rd parties, on hardware related issues and processes.
- The Data Centre Technician will also share responsibility for upholding the standards of tidiness, cleanliness, security, asset information and installation standards within the computer suites.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Computer engineering experience and knowledge in order to achieve optimum methods of working
- Cabling experience and knowledge, in order to achieve optimum methods of working.
- Installation of rack mount kit including HP and CISCO
- Hardware maintenance – swapping of failed customer replaceable parts such as cache battery, HDD, Power Supply.
- Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work.
- Willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedures, adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure and making effective use of others in resolving problems.
- Capable of working with the minimum of supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent team skills, with an ability to listen and contribute to discussions and meetings.
- Customer and service focused, with determination to meet their needs.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- ITIL Accreditation
- Thomson Reuters Product Knowledge
- Experience of ServiceNow