Human Resource Advisor (People Advisor)
Leeds , United Kingdom
Date published: 29-Dec-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE is a leading global provider of integrated facilities services, both hard and soft services or total facilities management, and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a People Advisor (HR Advisor) for a 6-month Fixed Term (due to end in July 2021) contract to be based from our Leeds office.
The successful People Advisor (qualified / part qualified Human Resource Advisor) will work alongside the People Business Partner to support the delivery of the People plan and reinforce CBRE culture and behaviours.
Provide advice, guidance and support to educate and upskill line managers in relation to People policy, process and procedure in respect to the employee lifecycle
Support the People Business Partner to deliver and embed central and local people focused initiatives including training delivery, recruitment and employee engagement.
- Provide advisory level support and coach line managers on policies and procedures, directing transactional queries to People Support, as appropriate
- Be a champion for the HR operating model, educating and supporting line managers to navigate process and embed ways of working
- Support the delivery of initiatives that reinforce CBRE’s culture and behaviours including engagement, exceptional journey, colleague listening, exceptional awards and communications
- Promote Employee Networks and initiatives that support diversity, equality and inclusivity
- Deliver training modules, including lunch’n’learn upskilling sessions, that reinforce CBRE’s culture and ways of working
- Educate and support line managers with the onboarding and induction of new joiners, ensuring effective plans are in place and monitor overall colleague experience, identifying areas of improvement
- Support straightforward employee relations case work end to end including; short-term & long-term absence, grievances, redundancy, disciplinaries and TUPE
- Support annual HR activities, including promotion, performance review, talent review and salary and incentive review
- Work alongside the People Business Partner to support the delivery of the Talent agenda, including the annual talent management and performance review cycle
- Provide accurate data and People MI reporting that allow analysis and insight, and enable data driven decision making
- Review, validate and return central requests for data checks
Essential / Desirable Criteria:
- CIPD Qualification or working towards
- Experience of working in a HR advisory role, including generalist HR advice, HR administration, recruitment and selection. Experience of training delivery would be advantageous
- An undertanding of UK laws and legislations around Human Resourcing and employment within the UK.
- Experience of handling employee relations case work
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Proactive / ability to act on own initiative
- Confident, motivated and enthusiastic
- Organised, with the ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively, to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment