Answers and documents all help desk calls related to specific software applications for assigned area. Provides end-user support for specific software applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers and documents all help desk calls related to specific software applications and computer hardware.
- Provides end-user support for specific software applications.
- May assist with some hardware issues.
- Creates and terminates new users related to specific software applications.
- Creates and updates user security access.
- Monitors servers and users to ensure that the systems are operational.
- Informs Digital & Technology Services of any operational problems.
- Conducts system maintenance on network.
- Reviews software literature for any software updates and upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or allocations.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Detailed problem analysis. Intuitive problem-solving skills. Adaptability to a highly-changing environment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.