CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Health & Safety Manager (EMEA) to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the creation, development and business wide adoption of the appropriate H&S Compliance strategy in line with the account’s and CBRE Health, Safety and Environment strategies, policy and process.
• Responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation of the companies HSE strategy in accordance with ethical guidelines and corporate policies of both CBRE and account’s in our client’s buildings and the delivery of Contractual HSE related KPIs with demonstrable evidence of legal compliance
• Experience of operating at both managerial and operational levels across the EMEA Region and understand the various legislative frameworks across the region
• Support the development, implementation, management & review the account specific HSE business plan and objectives in line with the Group strategic HSE plan and objectives for the company. Including the long-term forecasting and planning for both policy and resource requirements
• Liaise with the CBRE business line leaders and Credit Suisse managers to ensure expectations are understood and delivered, as far as is reasonable enabling suitable management of risk exposures
• Enable compliance with all business-wide policy and strategy through management system audits ensuring an up to date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained and the necessary audits are carried out in accordance with this schedule
• Ensure the systems and processes you implement across the EMEA Region reflect the intentions of CBRE and Credit Suisse and are always in compliance with best industry practice (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 45001)
• Lead the provision of guidance and practical expertise on HSE topics ensuring there is appropriate day-to-day support and guidance to our team, our supply partners and Credit Suisse and CBRE
• Responsible for risk management across the Credit Suisse/CBRE EMEA Region portfolio; accountable for co-ordinating activities across the EMEA Region to achieve full compliance related to KPI activities
• Lead & support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE management and promote and maintain the behaviours and values of the business
• Lead the development and maintenance of the Credit Suisse and CBRE QHSE training strategy supporting its delivery to enable standards of HSE competence to be achieved and maintained across the EMEA Region
• Ensure account-based H&S ‘Risk Champions’ are established and manage delivery of objectives
• Ensure the achievement of agreed business functional standards and service level agreements
• Compile appropriate performance reports for the business / work stream and maintain performance monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvements
• Support the achievement of good industry practice, business competitiveness, and the development of a learning organisation
• Support the health, safety and environmental aspects of the new business winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid & contract generation and review through to support during mobilisation and resourcing activities on the account
• Manage client relationships at operational level that povide performance assuarances and enhance Credit Suisse and CBRE’s HSE standing and provide absolute assurances to Credit Suisse and to CBRE Senior Stakeholders
• Provide support to Capital projects ranging from office fit outs to complete building upgrades
• Experience of developing and implementing Regional HSE inductions
• Good general education with a formal management qualification in Health & Safety management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Numerate with a high degree of computer literacy
• Practical application of auditing and professional membership recognised body at Diploma level, or equivalent
• Multiple years of relevant post qualification experience
• Conversant with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 45001
• Ability to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the related field of HSE
• Writing of HSE standards/procedures for inclusion within a safety management system
• Best Value analysis of HSE resource support provision
• Accident/Hazard investigation & analysis to drive improvements
• Practical experience of operating across EMEA region
• HSE auditing to ISO standards
• May be required to travel across the EMEA Region region and on occasions, support new business development, and participate in training and strategic reviews
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.