Health & Safety/CDM Consultant
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 20-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Project Management are looking for a dedicated Health, Safety and CDM consultant to join our specialist Construction H&S team. The successful candidate will join a busy team working on projects ranging from corporate fit outs and refurbishments to large scale urban regeneration projects and major transport infrastructure schemes. Acting as either the project Principal Designer as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 or as a CDM adviser to the client and design team. The successful applicant will report to a company Director work alongside an Associate Director and 2 other London based H&S advisors
- Chairing H&S risk meetings
- Liaising with clients, design team members and contractors
- Leading design teams through the design process ensuring all hazards are eliminated where possible
- Discharging all other duties as defined by CDM15
- Must understand constriction phase risk and be comfortable undertaking H&S inspections on site
- Undertaking fire risk assessments
- Offer general H&S advice to both internal and external clients.
- Candidates should hold the NEBOSH General and Construction Certificates as a minimum and ideally be working towards Chartered H&S practitioner status
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A self-starter, understand the construction design process and be comfortable advising clients both external and internally
- Hold professional memberships with IOSH, IIRSM and the APS and will have an up to date CPD record.
- Diligent and pro-active
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel if necessary
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.