Drive the strategic needs of the Facilities Management services on a Key Client Account
Responsible for service delivery outcomes
Sydney CBD Location
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong and dynamic leader to join our property management division on a major strategic account.
Reporting into the Account Director, this position will be responsible for the facility and technical services strategy for the dedicated portfolio, and providing innovative leadership and operational direction to a large team of Facilities Management professionals.
Here's a snapshot of your day;
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for the overall performance of facility services and service delivery outcomes for the dedicated portfolio.
- Planning, organising, directing and coordinating business plan objectives, projects, initiatives and requirements in collaboration with other senior members of the strategic account.
- Developing and implementing technical services strategies to deliver leading edge service delivery solutions and operational excellence across the portfolio.
- Managing the divisional compliance of all statutory and regulatory requirements of the Facilities Management service offering.
- Providing innovative leadership to a large team of Facilities Management professionals.
- Mentoring, coaching and professional development of direct reports on an ongoing basis to build a successful and influential team
- Focus on innovation and continuous improvement at a property and portfolio level, with a focus on technical services excellence, innovation, and operational and cost efficiency.
- Working closely and collaborating with the wider CBRE Property Management team and complementary business lines.
Here are some of the strengths you’ll possess and the background you'll need to be successful;
- Extensive experience in an engineering or facilities management related discipline.
- Qualifications in Engineering or Facilities Management degree.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to influence a high performing culture.
- Superior knowledge in Operational and Facilities Management, including a working knowledge of all property onsite facilities services, not limited to essential fire safety measures, mechanical services, hydraulic and structural
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Confidence and maturity in communication skills, including excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Can we inspire you to join us?
CBRE is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the business. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people, women, mature age workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Our employee advantage program reflects our commitment to progressing your learning and development, career, recognition, well being, benefits, pay and community contribution.
We look forward to hearing from you.