We are looking to recruit a HSE Lead to support and report into the Health and Safety Director. You will provide expert knowledge and skills to help create the Health and Safety strategy and help develop and deliver a robust platform for ensuring consistent quality across for all mixed-use assets and to promote a positive health, safety and sustainable culture.
Lead a cultural programme which targets zero occupational health problems, accidents and injuries. We are seeking a highly capable and inspirational individual who can effect positive change.
The successful candidate will relish this challenge and will be able to prove, with demonstrable examples, how health and safety culture, behaviour and ultimately performance, were improved by his/her actions in previous positions. In addition; the successful candidate will build trusting and mutually respectful relationships with peers, internal teams, external consultancies and across the wider CBRE business. This is a key senior leadership role and the candidate will have thirst for ensuring that CBRE leads the way and is constantly abreast of industry best practice.
• Assisting in creation of QHSE strategies and objectives ensuring it is embedded across the UK
• Develop and review internal policies, ensuring all mixed use assets are considered and that all procedures are consistent across the UK, in line with Global Standards, and our clients requirements and are in compliance with best industry practice (ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001, (or similar regional alternatives).
• Review and improve best practice to enhance the Client experience by analysing ‘whole business’ QHSE risks and identify appropriate initiatives and differentiators to ensure performance improvement, across the UK.
• Sett the strategy for QHSE risk assessments and auditing and consider how risks could be reduced making changes to working practices to comply with legislation and setting internal policies.
• Review the national strategy for QHSE learning and development programme, ensuring an appropriate blend of courses commensurate with staff roles and responsibilities. Ensure training is monitored and reported on to ensure staff attend and maintain critical training.
• Ensure the QHSE team are working consistently, introducing practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting QHSSE working practices;
• Attend client and internal safety meetings producing Quarterly benchmarking reports on compliance and client areas of risk with a view to introducing proactive preventative measures and procedures.
• Develop excellent working relationships with clients and implement strategies to improve portfolio compliance
• Liaise with Operational managers to ensure QHSE is embedded consistently across the UK in agendas and meetings and at the forefront of their decisions and behaviours.
• Compile appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental performance reports for the business and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvements.
• Keep up to date with new and revised legislation that impacts our business and ensure Procedures, processes and the HSE Meridian platform is updated as required.
• Liaise with CBRE independent consultants and Primary Authority partnerships to incorporate new legislation and promote best practice, developing internal procedures ensuring best practice is proactively rolled out across the business regulatory and enforcement bodies including the corporations and London Fire Brigade; ensuring that accident investigations are carried out on site and that subsequent reports and recommendations are produced;
• Provide forward thinking guidance and practical expertise on QHSE topics, ensuring there is appropriate day-to-day support and guidance to the business, HSE team, supply partners and customers with an exceptional communication strategy and plan.
• Work with the Business Leaders to ensure high risks identified and mitigated.
• Ensure the internal health and safety audit programme in place, analyse trends for proactive mitigation and Clients supported.
• Be up to date on all industry related Health and Safety recommendations and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
• Work with our specialist consultants to improve best practice, and monitor performance.
• Assist with preparation of agenda and papers for Corporate Risk Management and Asset Services Board.
• Working together with operations directors, the London corporations, emergency services and wider business to implement robust major incident planning and communications are in place and routinely practised across the business.
• Ensure adherence to the Quality assurance programme across the business to deliver consistent quality and create standards of operational excellence across the national portfolio. Implement quality audit initiatives.
• Taking responsibility for dealing with the management of customer complaints, supporting operations directors to develop a continuous improvement programme to prevent recurrence.
• Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role
• Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
• Property, FM or Construction background preferred.
• Formal qualifications in environmental management system auditing or Safety management system auditing.
• Conversant with (ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001, (or similar regional alternatives)
• A practical and demonstrable knowledge of liaising with enforcement agency / insurers.
• Practical experience must include;
• Risk Management strategy development and implementation
• Best Value analysis of QHSE resource support provision
• Monitoring and Analysis of Risk management system performance
• Development and implementation of policy and process
• Environmental risk and ‘resource’ evaluation and management
• Accident/Hazard investigation & analysis to drive improvements
• Development and delivery of HS&E training.
• An ability to develop and implement Health and Safety performance related systems and procedures where required
• Excellent attention to detail and High level report writing skills at Executive Board level
• Excellent communicator with strong leadership skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Very high level of professionalism
• Have an appetite for the challenge of bringing standards up to an exceptionally and consistently high level. Working with teams and champions across the country
• Level-headed and calm in difficult situations
• Excellent I.T. skills
• Proficient negotiator
• Confidence to represent the company at a senior level
• Takes personal responsibility for achieving targets and meeting deadlines
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the field of QHSSE