CBRE Global Workplace Solutions ‘Local Facilities Management’ is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies. We are a Company that prides ourselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year-on-year.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Head of Projects to join us in a leadership position within our UK Services division.
The purpose of the role is to;
• Lead their teams in the safe delivery of projects.
• Have overall responsibility for generating a sales pipeline to deliver revenue to the BU.
• Ensure projects are secured and delivered on time and within the financial requirements and margins as specified by the business.
• Ensure that all projects adhere and are managed to commercial agreements / contracts. They must comply with statutory regulations, are QHSE compliant and meet technical industry standards.
• Ensure the safe delivery of projects through the management of risk and competence.
• Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of projects.
• Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities.
• Deliver contractual commitments on secured projects.
• Ensure projects are delivered on all maintenance contracts.
• Complete projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
• Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
• Maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
• Identify and win project through effective relationships.
• Deliver supportive business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
• Promote and maintain the core values of CBRE.
• Plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a pipeline of opportunities.
• Develop and manage all bids, tenders and proposals.
• Responsible for generating and securing new sales to exceed the annual financial plan.
• Seek out opportunities to generate projects through innovation and different technologies.
• Lead the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
• Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
• Build strong relationships with supply partners through which we can bring innovation to our customers.
• Ensure effective solutions which meet quality expectations can be delivered to our customers.
• Work with operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Make certain that their team comply with CBRE project management policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE health and safety policy across all activities. Regularly audit and review performance.
• Carry out monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety / CDM Legislation and Requirements.
• Engage with supply partners in a manner that ensures all risk is appropriately apportioned.
• Development of project financial plans.
• Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects plan.
• Manage the monthly P&L and ensure all costs (PMs/HoP) are fully accountable and recoverable.
• Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
• Leverage margins on projects by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
• Ensure positive cash flow and that all debt is controlled below 60 days.
• Chair monthly project reviews with BULs, PM’s, Project Support, Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, Health & Safety Manager and Commercial Manager.
• Recruit, train, appraise and manage a team of exceptional PM delivery team.
• Have people plan in place at all times
• Ensure the Project Managers are fully trained and equipped to deliver projects to the right standards and within the CBRE policies and procedures.
• Conduct performance reviews and create individual PDPs for all direct reports.
• Responsible for recruitment and selection of all project staff. Being equally responsible for the resolution of any discipline and grievance issues that may arise.
The role is self-funding and therefore the post holder must recover their costs.
Decision Making/Budgetary Control:
The post holder has full responsibility and financial control of the projects within their team / control.