Head of People
Jing'an District , Mainland China
Date published: 4-May-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of People China. This leadership role has the responsibility to provide full high-level People functions support across our thriving Mainland China business in the CBRE Limited Advisory function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall People strategy of the Advisory business in partnership with the President and Vice President China
- Development of change management strategies, translating into development activities, resource and culture plans
- Support the Head of People Greater China on the People Agenda and related initiatives for the business areas
- Drive a high-performance culture by challenging management teams to appropriately apply a breadth of performance and development principles when making people planning decisions and strategies
- Act as an enabler in building organisational capability through leadership/staff review, talent pipelines and compensation reviews
- Take ownership of all mainland China employee relations cases, and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk, with the support of the regional HR Business Partners. Assist where necessary with local People teams in mainland China
- Ensure that managers have the tools and access to advice needed; be visible
- Work with the People Shared Services/Admin/Payroll teams to ensure that a consistent and reliable HR support service is maintained for China based employees, as well as supporting the People team to be successful
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Talent, Learning and Development teams to drive the growth of internal capability, progression and retention of key internal talent
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in Human Resources as an exemplary people manager. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- A minimum of 15 years Human Resources experience
- Experience working within Real Estate/Financial/Service industry background
- Excellent knowledge of China employment legislation and strong proven business partnering capability
- Creative problem-solving skills, ability to manage complex change issues
- Demonstrated ability to develop proven People programs that align to business strategies
- Proven track record in leading and managing change programmes
- Commercial acumen and a pragmatic approach
- Be a collaborative and strategic change manger with a big picture mindset
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you, then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.