Head of People (North Asia)
Hong Kong Island , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 30-Jun-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of People, North Asia. This leadership role has the responsibility to provide full high-level People functions support across our thriving North Asia business in the CBRE Limited Advisory function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a trusted People business partner to the Divisional President North Asia and in region senior leaders across Greater China, Korea and Japan
- Provide strategic and operational advice, solve complex problems and ensure regional People solutions and initiatives support the delivery of the business goals both short and long term
- Implement best in class People solutions to continue to position CBRE as the employer of choice in the real estate sector across all markets (Greater China, Korea and Japan)
- Ensure CBRE continues to attract, develop and retain top talent across the North Asia business, lead the talent/succession planning process and ensure robust succession pipelines are in place for all key leadership and business-critical roles
- Lead the design and development of workplace culture/inclusion and change management strategies and contribute to organisational design thinking as the business continues to evolve and grow over the next 2-3 years.
- Drive a high-performance culture by challenging management teams to appropriately apply a breadth of performance and development principles when making people planning decisions
- Responsible for the successful execution of the People agenda across the North Asia business with a strong focus on Greater China. Deliver through the local country People teams’ operational excellence from a day to day People function perspective and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Support and coach the business leaders within each country in dealing with complex people issues
- Work in partnership with both Regional and Global People COEs to ensure the implementation and alignment of People process and programs across North Asia
- Champion best practice thinking and bring new ideas and improvements to the leadership team and broader CBRE business.
- Ensure an in-depth knowledge of key clients, their business and industries.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in effective human resource management including those related to talent attraction and retention, organisational design and workplace culture, M&A integration and total rewards. You will have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation with excellent presentation skills
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- 8-10 years’ leading a Human Resources function/team
- Strong understanding of employment frameworks and regulatory requirements across Asia
- Experience in the provision of expert advice to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to develop proven People programs that align to business strategies
- Experience working across multiple geographical locations in Asia and leading culturally diverse teams
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.