A Fortune 500 company, CBRE is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management, property management, investment management, appraisal and valuation, property leasing, strategic consulting, property sales; mortgage services and development services. Globally we employ over 100,000 employees and operate in 100+ countries.
Opportunity for a driven candidate who is interested in being at the forefront of leading the People function for a fast-growing real estate services company.
The Head of People, GWS, Pakistan will be responsible for all HR matters, advice and guidance to the Pakistan business. This role will be part of the Pakistan Leadership team.
This role will have close coordination/working relationships with Global and Regional GWS People teams to drive Global/Regional People plans agendas and advise on country practices/processes.
This role will be fully responsible for leading the Pakistan People team which includes a People Operations Coordinator. The candidate will be the leader for HR matters including, but not limited to: union/collective agreement matters, employee relations, regulators enquiries and employee related investigations and will be leader for HR related Compliance in Pakistan.
- HR Leadership/Business Partner:
- Designs, drives and implements People Strategy and structure for Pakistan business; partners with Regional colleagues as necessary.
- Requires strong business acumen to supports business planning with org structures and programs needed to achieve business growth;
- Design People (HR) organization structure to support and leads change management related to org structure and growth in business
- Designs Employee Value Proposition to external/internal market
- Partners with appropriate Global/Regional People teams to enhance the Onboarding strategy of new hires;
- Performance Management: Drive culture on Performance Management. Where necessary: provides interpretation of corporate policies and procedures; i.e. guides managers in handling sensitive issues regarding performance management and other employee relations matters.
- Implements the local/regional and global HR strategy as well as global/regional processes such as Salary Planning, Incentives, Ethics, Employee Engagement
- Counsels management on the proper handling of potential reductions in force.
- Provides HR insight into operational issues and goals.
- Leads and creates the People P&L/budget for Pakistan
- Leads and manages 1 HR Ops Coordinator located in country
- Talent Acquisition:
- Leads country Talent Acquisition Strategy and recruitment in conjunction with APAC Talent Acquisition Team;
- Learning and Development:
- Partners with APAC/Global Learning and Development (L&D) to rollout L&D strategy for the country;
- Rollout and educate country employees on training programs that are available in Learning system
- Creates and drives culture with the business on focus of Talent Management;
- Creates a Talent Management Strategy/Plan; ensures that 6 box Talent Management and Succession planning is ongoing
- Supports creation of any needed training programs related to harassment, selection, motivation, office productivity, performance management, standards of business conduct, leadership, compliance, team building and diversity.
- Enhancement of HR Governance Strategy related to environmental factors such as employment law changes, labor markets and unions;
- Policies: Provides HR leadership for the implementation and interpretation of policies and programs and ensures that country employment regulations are account for in all policies;
- Employee Relations: Provides employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling. Conducts investigations regarding discrimination and unfair employment practices, including, but not limited to, those involving federal and provincial charges.
- Data Management: Use systems to prepare and audit data to ensure appropriate business decisions are being made within the areas of responsibility. Uses data to make educated decisions and suggestions to management;
- Third Party: Owns relationship with third party providers (recruitment, benefits, payroll) and ensures that proper Procurement processes are adhered to for all third-party providers;
- Payroll: Validates and reconciles Payroll as the domain owner and is responsible for accuracy, invoice payment and compliance of these relationships.
- Prepares reports and conducts analysis for review by HR Leadership and business. This includes Headcount, Turnover, Absence, Overtime, Diversity, workforce cost, ROI and other key HR metrics to support business decisions.
- Proactive support of transitions (in and out), business restructures and implementation of continuous improvement programmes,
- Where applicable owns the negotiation of local and collective agreements with work councils, balancing of interests as well as social plans etc.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong P&L capability to manage their own People budget
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills; proven ability in stakeholder management
- Strong Leadership ability to lead growing teams;
- Resilience, flexibility and agility is a must due to fast changing environment;
- Organized with ability to manage time and workload effectively;
- Proven record of providing excellent internal customer service with demonstrated ability to create value and impact;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to persuade and influence others;
- Professional appearance/demeanor
- Strong knowledge and experience in dealing with employee matters, labour laws/regulations in Pakistan
- Strong data insights mindset to drive results/outcomes; strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and HR tools (ideally PeopleSoft)