Purpose of Role:
To ensure all health, security, safety and environmental (HSSE) requirements are met and adhered to at all times. To provide safety assurance, guidance and support to contractors and team members so that the practice is kept current.
- Implements divisional safety and environmental policies and procedures to all engineering works
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops, in consort with the line organization hazard control practices and programs
- Assist and attend safety and environmental training. Ensure that minutes are recorded and maintained in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Coordinate training programs and requirements as required by the client / Regional SHE Manager. Assesses new developments and regulations in the health and safety filed which may have application to the project's operations.
- Assist line and staff management understand OHS regulations and applicable standards. Including guidance in handling compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Establishes site safety and environmental plan in coordination with projects and filed Managers.
- Investigates injuries in conjunction with line and facility staff personal. Maintains and reports on worker's compensation case.
- Analyses facility accident statistics and make recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Performs safety and environmental audits and assists supervisory personnel with correcting deficiencies. Guides and assists facility personnel with prevention of safety and health problems.
- Document all health and safety in timely manner to achieve ready-for-audit status.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standard.
- Perform other job relates duties as requested.
- To monitor environment and safety compliance among staffs, hold regular meeting with SHE staff. Ensure staff is adequately trained and that environmental and safety equipment inventory are at optional readiness levels.
- To ensure that no CBRE staffs perform any task that is against CBRE environmental, health and safety policy.
- To ensure that any contractor performing a non CBRE task is certified to do so
- Effective contractor safety training and meetings.
- Safety leadership and administration to local and regional team.
- OSH officer, pending diploma OSH or equivalent education
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management and clients.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in health and safety administration required.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills.
- Good command in both written and spoken English.