• Implement, improve and modify HSE Management System (policy/standard/procedures etc.) and programs to CBRE against litigation and prosecution and to effectively manage risk.
• Contractor Safety Management – implementation of contractor safety management processes.
• Monitor developments in HSE legislation in Taiwan and advise CBRE staff on changes and actions to ensure compliance across the country.
• Act as the primary contact to the HSE regulatory/ authorities, maintaining good relations with the relevant authorities.
• Communicate HSE performance to management (country, region and line of business) on a monthly basis, and as required.
• Lead and co-ordinate risk assessment activities
• Develop and implement HSE related programs to effectively manage risks from CBRE activities/ services and HSE performance
• Provide HSE Assurance Activities to protect CBRE
• Develop and implement HSE training program and HSE awareness program across Country.
• Develop and create a positive safety culture.
• Ensure that all accidents, occupational illnesses, emergencies and environmental incidents are effectively reported via Client and CBRE myHSE System and investigated.
• Provide competent advice on HSE matters to enable accounts to comply with relevant legislation, answer client queries and improve HSE performance.
• Work with CBRE HSE Managers and operational teams to develop the HSE strategy for the country and drive HSE Programs, to enable compliance and sharing of best practice for continual improvement.
• Support new business and organic growth of CBRE services.
• Engage with client and CBRE in-country HSE and operational teams on matters of Business Continuity Planning, providing guidance and assistance in ensuring the FM teams are adequately prepared and supported during a relevant emergency.
• Statutory OHS qualifications as stated by the Labor Inspection Office of Taipei City Government.
o Category A Occupational Safety Hygiene Supervisor, and
o Occupational Safety Hygiene Management Personnel.
• Ideally 2-3 years+ of related experience.
• Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and/or facility maintenance and management is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires moderate analytical and quantitative skills.