- Trained in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Basic understanding of the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) like EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain.
- Ensure that the FOC, library, FAC Stores & FAC Workshop are clean and tidy at all times
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures for safety matters such as CBRE CERM Quantum.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process and follow up action accordingly.
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting (AIR) process
- Create work orders (WO) from Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and ensure that vendor follow through to carry out and complete the WO and submit with the relevant service reports.
- Assist in fresh eye audit (FEA) and self-assessment audit (SAA) as part of Safety Audit generated from CMMS
- Assists in Managing HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of a client account(s). Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
- Support the process for monitoring injury, illness, and incident related performance within the assigned account, or market area. Support the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Acts as a resource to staff and internal customers as the HSE subject matter expert. Provides direct and timely advise and information to the management responsible for the account, market area, or other assigned area of responsibility in matters related to HSE performance, compliance, trends, and concerns. Provides direct and timely advise and information to the appropriate management in all matters related to HSE performance, compliance, trends, and concerns.
- Assists in overseeing specific HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the assigned account or market area, making certain play books are current, complete, and effectively implemented
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services.
- Responds to customer member concerns regarding HSE matters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum of 3 years of related management experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and facility maintenance and management is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Any of the following: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgement may cause short-term impact to department.