The purpose of this position is to implement and manage HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) programs relative to a large corporate account or market area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of a client account(s). Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
- Monitors injury, illness, and incident related performance within the account, market area, or other assigned area of responsibility. Monitors performance for trends or other indicators of improving or degrading incident performance and develops and implements strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Manages, develops and implements HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of the client account.
- Oversees HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the account, market area, or assigned area of responsibility. Ensures information is current, complete and effectively implemented.
- Monitors HSE (Health and Safety and Environmental) regulatory compliance within the account, market area, or assigned area of responsibility. Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections. Assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Assists in identifying in opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services for a client/account.
- Promotes safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data, conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback, on safety suggestions and visibly supporting the safety program(s).
- Acts as a resource to staff and employees as an HSE subject matter expert.
- Other duties may be assigned.