We are searching for a People Services Team Leader to join our world-class London People Shared Service Centre (SSC), a team of skilled HR professionals, responsible for providing service delivery for our UK & Ireland business which supports an employee population of over 11,000.
The purpose of this role is manage the day to day operational performance of a team within the People Services, and partner with the business to ensure the People Service function provides world class service. An important part of the role will be working across different functions within one team, identifying continuous process improvement opportunities and ways to enhance the customer experience. The Team Leader will manage a team of People Services Administrators to deliver an exceptional, high-quality service to employees and managers; adhering to SLAs and complying with statutory requirements. This will also include mentoring and supporting the ongoing development of this population and future next generation talent (graduate / apprentice).
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, through regular and open communications, including attendance at key meetings to represent the People Services agenda.
- Share team activities and capacity with key stakeholders and inform the People Services Lead of upcoming activities that may lead to increase in demand.
- Share ideas and feedback on improving the customer experience. Act on any feedback received (positive and constructive) and put in place action plans to address areas of concern to enhance customer satisfaction and SLAs/KPIs.
- Ensure you are viewed as a core part of the client facing team as well as the People Services Team. This will include presenting at local meetings, having a presence that allows you to keep close to the ongoing requirements as well as being able to keep very close to the People Admin team delivering the service.
- Be the “face” of the People Services function, challenging the local HRBPs on areas of improvement to make the ongoing operations of the People Services smoother. Equally working with the People Services teams to ensure changes and managed and incorporated into processes.
- Lead and motivate the People Services team to deliver an exceptional service, ensuring team members have the skills and knowledge to deliver on agreed outcomes.
- Coach and develop People Services Administrators, ensuring clear objectives are set and aligned with the broader People Services strategy.
- Identify development opportunities for the People Services Administrators, within the People Services and wider function.
- Proactively manage team and individual issues, including time and attendance, absence management and performance management.
- Approve holiday requests from direct reports, ensuring sufficient cover for operational continuity.
- Facilitate regular team meetings with the People Services Administrators, setting clear agenda items and ensuring follow up of agreed actions.
- Identify training needs for the People Services and ensure training manuals and procedures are developed and maintained.
- Plan and manage the workflow and case management allocation across the team, through full and comprehensive queue management.
- Monitor the case management system, Service Now, to ensure cases meet the agreed service standards, records are updated in a timely manner, responses are accurate and in line with process, and cases are closed or updated with follow up actions and dates.
- Manage the provision of timely, consistent administrative services to the business and external parties, ensuring compliance with employment legislation, internal policies, and best practice.
- Monitor audit reports to ensure high quality and accurate entry of employee and pay related data to the HR System. Use this data to plan for improvements in team and individual performance levels.
- Identify, make recommendations for and deliver service improvements using best practice, customer feedback and feedback from the team.
- Support the People Services Administrators with complex cases/queries, including (but not limited to) background screening discrepancies, right to work issues, absence and performance issues.
- Manage cases and requests for sensitive populations, including People for People transactions, key new hires, and the Executive population.
- Analyse and monitor the resource utilisation, volume metrics, day to day performance and customer perception of the operation through statistical management.
- Support the provision of metrics dashboards & analysis of customer satisfaction trends, late leavers and hires, complaints, re-work, error rates etc.
- Monitor and resolve non-compliance, complaint and critical management issues to resolution, escalating as appropriate.
- Investigate root causes of escalations/issues and work with the business enablement team and other functions as required to implement process changes or improvements.
- Escalate issues to the People Services Lead and to the relevant HR Business Partners and Centres of Excellence, in line with the agreed escalation matrix.
Risk and Control Management
Working with the Business Enablement team to ensure:
- key controls are adhered to and additional controls are put in place as required.
- escalations are managed within the agreed Escalation Matrix and the Escalation Matrix is reviewed and updated regularly.
- a robust quality assurance framework is in place to monitor and audit employee data entry, telephone calls and People cases.
- end to end processes are documented in accordance with internal and external audit, risk and control standards.
- People Services processes and procedures are updated in line with any Employment Legislation changes, and manage the team readiness to adopt new process tasks.
- Support with internal and external audits, ensuring compliance of all processes and work instructions.
HR Projects and Cyclical Activities
Own and participate in various People Projects as required, providing subject matter expertise and operations input to requirements.
Support with operational readiness for implementation of new systems or processes.
Oversee cyclical activities, including the annual appraisal process, salary review and bonus, and promotions, to ensure a high-quality delivery and turnaround from the People Administration team.
Oversee the annual vetting check managed by the People Administration team and resolve escalations as required.
Provide support to the relevant HR Business Partners with TUPE transfers (In/Out) overseeing the administration support to ensure high-quality, timely delivery.
- Experience of team leading an HR Shared Services team;
- Ideally educated to degree level or CIPD qualified;
- Experience leading a team of HR Administrators, essential;
- Experience utilising a case management tool to manage and report on team workload;
- Experience using an HRIS, PeopleSoft, ServiceNow desirable;
- Excellent understanding of HR processes;
- Experience of continuous improvement projects;
- Experience working on professional services or facilities management ideal.
- Experience of working in an HR Shared Services team.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Ability to influence and persuade across all levels of seniority;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills;
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisation, prioritisation and multitasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- High level of PC/database skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Analytical and Results Driven
- Stakeholder Management and Influencing
- Personal and Interpersonal