CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Global Strategist
Reporting to the Global Relationship Leader, the position of the Global Strategist has accountability for leading the achievement of strategic goals and deliverables in Real Estate Strategy with a focus on Portfolio strategy.
• Provide strategic analysis to a Global Business Unit (especially related to Portfolio consolidation/expansion strategies) e.g. develop long term real estate plans (i.e. 5 year), region and global strategy for asset optimization, and future workplace strategy
• Liaise with CBRE TMs, local teams and experts as required on strategic analysis i.e., subject area, geographic resources
• Provide support to B.U. Global Relationship Leader for all BU requests
• Lead / Support business cases and reports including CBA Analysis summary as may be needed
• Work with Global B.U. clients and Global Relationship Leader on Portfolio and Account strategy as well as related Account Roadmap
• Assist with annual planning and budgeting to ensure alignment
• Provide feedback and guidance to the Global Business and CBRE data analysts to ensure alignment with BU needs
• Collaborate with other line of business team members to forecast and develop annual real estate plans and implement strategies for achieving savings and cost avoidance goals as part of a one-time client engagement or as part of an on-going client relationship.
• Drive a data culture and support report and analytical assessment via CBRE proprietary data toolkit
• Share best practices as observed across wider industry and geographies around role of technology in the workplace, strategic RE asset planning, as well as emerging commercial occupier real estate trends
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) holder from four-year college or university.
• Excellent analytical, report writing and commercial and presentation skills
• Fluent English (written & spoken) with well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong planning, time management & organizational skills
• Ability to work with remote co-workers, and adapt to different cultural working styles
• Effective prioritization and simultaneously deal with complex issues
• Full ownership of deliverables
• Excellent IT Skills, including as a minimum, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI
• Able to communicate with people and develop effective relationships at all levels, specifically C-suite stakeholders
• Excellent portfolio strategies skills to include portfolio optimization and expansion
• Work effectively with various internal and external stakeholder to ensure complete data set is received and analysed.
• Strong real estate and portfolio acumen
• Strong knowledge of at least one Regional Market (EMEA/AMS/APAC)
• Minimum of 5 years of business consulting and real estate experience is required.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
• Exceptional customer relationship management skill
• Proactively seeks responsibility and welcomes accountability
• Structured approach and project/programme management experience
• Demonstrative experience of Financial Management across a variety of Commercial Models within the Outsourcing environment
• Demonstrate strong competency in Process Architecture and Financial Reporting
• Ability to prepare and present various financial analysis to include NPV, ROI, impacts on cash flow and P&L’s of various real estate strategies
• Able to negotiate with analytical skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.