CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Global Real Estate Data Manager
The Data Manager (DM) is the designated single point of contact in the Global Real Estate team for IFRS16 Real Estate data and portfolio queries. The role will be a secondment into a leading banking and financial services company, responsible for the management of the ongoing IFRS16 data controls and oversight of BAU processes.
• Key contact on all Real Estate Data Management matters and queries relating to IFRS16 data inputs
• Lead, direct and manage the delivery of the project with oversight from the Head of the Portfolio, Workplace and Estates team
• Be responsible for and manage project governance, reporting and stakeholder communications as agreed with the Head of the Portfolio, Workplace and Estates team.
• Track and manage project timelines, milestones, risks, dependencies and escalations as agreed with project steering.
• Embed a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
• Support to Global Data Manager (GDM) lead and the Client in other key Data Management projects and initiatives
• Working closely with GDM lead, Technology and Transaction Management teams to drive process improvements and development of new technology / reporting solutions
• Validation of data inputs from supplier partners
• Ensuring key controls in place and followed by supplier partners
• Managing end to end governance process within Data Management function
• Liaising and working with IFRS16 finance teams, Regional Data Managers (RDMs) and GDM Lead to drive best practice and consistency
• Driving data remediation project, working with country and regional teams.
• Cash Reconciliation – working with RDMs and in country teams to drive improved data accuracy
• Supports in coordinating work of Data Management teams across the globe and providing required training
• Deputising for GDM lead where required
• Real Estate experience essential preferably with a strong understanding of lease administration
• Substantial experience within a similar role, ideally in a Corporate Real Estate or Professional Services environment
• Strong MS Office skills including data interrogation and visualisation
• Experience in managing and supporting projects within an organisation
• Previous experience of supporting a global or regional services portfolio
• Qualified to a Degree or equivalent educational standard
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Resourceful, resilient and enterprising
• Innovative, solution driven thinker
• Organised and methodical – excellent attention to detail essential but with the ability to see the 'bigger picture'
• A 'can do' attitude
• Effective at developing and maintaining internal and external relationships at all levels
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage expectations
• Experience of Horizon Property Database or similar databases advantageous
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.