CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Global Program Management Office Lead to join the team located in either Zurich, London or Warsaw (TBC).
• Define and drive obligations as outlined in scope or work ensuring these are delivered in timely and accurate way
• Develop and define roadmap for 3-year GPMO strategy
• Review opportunities for performance improvement, best practice and innovation to improve GPMO outcomes
• Chair key meetings (e.g. global steering committee meetings)
• Management of the global CBRE GPMO resources including performance management, succession planning and career development
• Management/guidance to global GPMO team on day to day activities and ensuring that they are optimising responsibilities and looking for potential process improvements
• Key stakeholder management across CS teams to support CP teams as part of GPMO operations
• Management of capital plan (financial plan) output
• Accountability and point of escalation for CS reporting and data outputs – accuracy, timeliness and development where required, particularly to simplify
• Creation of additional reports as outlined in the contract (note that while many of the reports have been set up there are others that still need to be defined and rolled out)
• Development and training roll out for new processes
• Development & delivery of communication framework to showcase the activities of the GPMO
• Delivery of ad hoc tasks related to the activities of the GPMO
• Process design to reflect changes in the wider CS environment
• Strong understanding of project management process and ideally worked in corporate business or environment (basic project management knowledge is good but for GPMO the interpretation of project management function within a broader occupier business is important)
• Multiple years of experience in either project management or more specifically project program management ideally with global experience
• Strong people management skills focusing on getting the best out of the CBRE resources (currently based in Warsaw)
• Strong client stakeholder manager to drive outcomes across broader CS CP teams
• Strong analytical skills to ensure data and reporting continue to evolve and meet the needs of the broader CS CP team whilst providing the overriding sense check of what’s being produced
• Strong financial skills required to carry out financial reporting around projects and critical understanding on its delivery and how they fit with the broader financial reporting within the Bank
• Attention to detail ensuring team is dealing with significant amounts of data and reporting with critical ability to quickly assess and ensure accuracy
• Focus around continuous improvement with ability to leverage the broader CBRE business to identify opportunities for evolving CS GPMO outputs
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.