Seoul , South Korea
Date published: 1-Sep-2020
The purpose of this position is to implement and manage QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental) programs within S.Korea, relevant to CBRE.
- Implement, improve and modify QHSE Management System (policy/standard/procedures etc.) and programs to CBRE against litigation and prosecution and to effectively manage risk.
- Contractor Safety Management – implementation of contractor safety management processes.
- Monitor developments in HSE legislation in S. Korea. Advise CBRE staff on changes and actions to ensure compliance across the country.
- Act as the primary contact to the HSE regulatory/ authorities, maintaining good relations with the relevant authorities.
- Communicate QHSE performance to management (country, region and line of business) on a monthly basis, and as required.
- Lead and co-ordinate risk assessment activities
- Develop and implement QHSE related programs to effectively manage risks from CBRE activities/ services and QHSE performance
- Provide QHSE assurance activities to protect CBRE
- Develop and implement QHSE training program and QHSE awareness program across Country
- Develop and create a positive safety culture.
- Ensure that all accidents, occupational illnesses, emergencies and environmental incidents are effectively reported via Client and CBRE Harbour System and investigated.
- Provide competent advice on QHSE matters to enable accounts to comply with relevant legislation, answer client queries and improve QHSE performance.
- Work with CBRE QHSE Managers and operational teams to develop the QHSE strategy for the country and drive HSE Programs, to enable compliance and sharing of best practice for continual improvement.
- Support new business and organic growth of CBRE services.
- Engage with client and CBRE in-country QHSE and operational teams on matters of Business Continuity Planning, providing guidance and assistance in ensuring the FM teams are adequately prepared and supported during a relevant emergency.
1. Statutory qualifications as stated by the S. Korea Authorities
· Safety Officer
· Fire Safety Officer
2. Ideally 5 years+ of related experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of HSE related Acts, Standards and Regulations for S.Korea and international HSE standards.
4. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is preferred.
5. Experience working in construction and facilities management preferred.
6. Auditor training/ qualifications and experience an advantage, ideally to ISO14001, ISO9001 and ISO45001.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
8. Reasonable level of English, spoken and written.