Head of Finance, GWS Korea
Reports to: GWS North Asia Finance Director
* This position entails working as an individual contributor.
Responsible for leading and managing the finance operations CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions business in South Korea.
– Manage all aspects of GWS Corp Finance reporting, ensuring accuracy and correct accounting treatment in collaboration with country finance.
– Manage the financial planning (including forecasting and budget) and reporting requirements (monthly and ad hoc) within specified timeframes
– Provide clear direction and strategic financial advice related to all GWS matters to the business and to local country and GWS finance
– Review, implement and manage financial controls for the GWS business and propose improvements to key stakeholders (finance and business leaders).
– Ensure that financial results are accurate, robust and detailed down to client level to enable performance to be measured an improved.
– Drive turnaround of under-performing accounts in partnership with business leaders.
– Play an active role in pricing and governance of Facilities Management Contracts, with an aim of maximising shareholder returns. Support of commercial structure in other GWS business lines will also be required.
– Actively pursue integration of GWS businesses and wider finance teams.
– Support business leaders in identifying and converting M&A opportunities.
– Lead & develop the GWS finance team.
– Other Ad-hoc tasks as required.
– Preferably professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years post qualified experience, ideally within a big 4 firm.
– Financial Planning & Analysis experience, including budgets, forecasts, monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis
– Commercial experience with a track record of improving and delivering robust, accurate financial information, and adding value to a business.
– Ability to work within a matrix organisation and having the flexibility to adapt to a constantly identify changing and fast-paced environment.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Korean and English
– Ability to implement process improvements that protect the organisation in an efficient way.
– Honest, reliable, trustworthy and fully supportive of our RISE values
– Strong Excel skills. Previous use of PeopleSoft, TM1 or iScala would be highly advantageous.
– Positive, ambitious, commercially minded, with a results focused attitude.
– Some travel may be required.