Roles and responsibilities are to:
I. Assist the Department Directors to lead, manage and train the project teams from a technical as well as administrative and commercial point of view and ensure their project delivery capabilities and personal development.
II. Assist the Department Directors in the day-to-day management of the department (for both Cross Accounts Teams and On Account Principal Contracting Teams) as well as the implementation of the Department’s annual business plan, and ensure that profitability of the department meets or exceeds budget projections.
III. Act as project leader/project director, managing the project teams to ensure on time and the budget project delivery by fulfilling international quality standards.
IV. Service existing clients in compliance with their expectations and CBRE’s company policies, nurture client relationships and cultivate repeat business and referrals.
V. Execute a number of projects in parallel defined by a development services agreement, lease, and/or construction management agreement to its successful conclusion. Define project goals in terms of scope, time and cost; and through the use of established processes, experience and expertise, manage the design, permitting and construction of the projects in conformity with these goals.
VI. Ensure proper support to CBRE’s other divisions during the business development stage when and where required.
VII. Carry out any other assignments as directed by your Directors or the management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college programme.
• 10+ years’ project-management or construction-management experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction practices and techniques; Title III of ADA, contract laws, project controls, and building support systems or equivalent.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills in English with an ability to converse in Japanese
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of design, construction and supply-oriented contracts, such as, but not limited to, government contracts, FIDIC contracts, etc.