Funds Reporting Accountant - CBRE Global Investors
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 20-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Manage financial reporting for a number of UK Direct strategies mandates. These mandates may include property assets held within SPVs or within a pooled fund.
- Review and issue of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to investors prepared by property manager accountants and fund administrators. Some preparation of financial reporting in-house. Ensure compliance with accounting guidelines.
- Challenging outsourced accounting teams to improve quality, consistency and accuracy of their reporting.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the accounting staff at our clients and act as a key contact point for those clients
- Review of quarterly VAT reporting (including variance reporting) for each separate account and if properties are held in SPV, preparation of information for external tax advisors for UK non-resident landlord tax returns.
- Becoming a recognised expert in the Yardi Voyager accounting and property management system which is utilised by most of our agents in the UK. Full training will be provided.
- Assisting the property investment team in understanding property-specific accounting and tax issues.
- Management of year end audit process for any pooled funds including liaison with fund administrators and investment manager, preparation of audit information, responding promptly to auditor queries, and ensuring adequate audit evidence available for each balance.
- Assisting the property investment team with preparation of IPD information and other property specific performance reporting on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting the property investment team if required by calculating performance metrics, modelling fund return scenarios and preparing budgets including cash flow forecasts to include variance reporting.
- Preparation and review of debt covenant and compliance reporting to include liaison with the property investment team on stress testing models.
- Providing assistance to the property investment team on appraising incoming tenants.
- Calculation and estimation of distributions available for payment to investors.
- Providing transactional support to the property investment team on acquisitions and disposals of properties.
- Annual regulatory reporting as required.
- Minimum 1 years post qualified experience - ACA or ACCA.
- Real estate experience
- Knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS and their application to the real estate sector
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Confident and assertive where required
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues, clients and outsourced service providers
- Fast learner and ‘able to hit the ground running’
- Advanced IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working with a property accounting system desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of tax requirements including VAT, NRL returns, capital allowances, AIFMD and CIS would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in an office environment, preferably in a corporate environment