Fund Finance Director
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 14-Oct-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
Global Investment Administration provides comprehensive fund accounting, reporting, and administration services to real estate investment managers, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investors with global real estate portfolios no matter where they deploy capital globally. Our team of professionals offer unmatched dedication to real estate in the fund administration industry. We serve only real estate and have a history of successfully serving all real estate asset classes in a range of simple to complex investment structures.
Due to internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Fund Finance Director to join our team. Based in Hong Kong, this is a hands-on position responsible for ensuring smooth running of our business and client relationships. The successful candidate will ideally have a strong foundation in Fund Accounting or Fund Administration. Key to success is the ability to remain adaptable to changing priorities and motivated to add value within a client service driven environment.
- Financial Statement & Budgets: Review and verify financial information including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for commingled funds and separate accounts prior to submittal to client and investors. Produce statements and other required financial information including investor funded and unfunded commitments, asset accrual methodology and output. Maintain shareholder registries. Prepare periodic financial statements and assist with audit and tax preparation and audit review. Manage portfolio budgets, forecasts and reports for clients/investors.
- Monitoring Financial Performance: Provide a forward-looking view and strategic advice to the executive leadership team. Compile and analyze detailed data. Review periodic P&L calculations at the fund and investor levels.
- Treasury Function: Manage and operate the treasury/ cash management function and ensure an adequate accounting function of the product. Review system prepared reports and supporting schedules for accuracy. Review and signs-off on fund level bank account reconciliations. Assist in discussion with banks and financial institutions, assist with handling financing arrangements and execution of loan agreements. Maintain relationships with external parties.
- Risk Management: Manage financial/legal/tax risks and ensure segregation of duties and a suitable control framework is in place.
- New Business Participation & Structuring: Participate in new business proposals. Manage capital request and budgeting progress, reviewing new contracts and business opportunities. Manage financial transactions related to new business proposals. Assist on structuring investments and raising capital.
- Pricing Platform & Fund Valuation: Maintain Fund Valuation Principals “FVP” for limited partnership interest pricing
- NAV Calculation: May review junior team member's work product, including NAV calculations, financial packages, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external clients.
- Investors' Contact: Key contact point for investors. Feed data for client presentations. Review/prepare IRR and performance models.
- Customer Service: Troubleshoot escalated issues and ensure internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service. Create a positive customer experience by opening and maintaining constructive and reliable lines of communication.
- Systems Implementation: Participate in the implementation and maintenance of the accounting/reporting systems. Coordinate and ensure completion of annual audits by required deadlines.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or similar concentration
- 10years+ fund accounting or private equity accounting experience preferred
- Business Operations experience.Commitment and proactive approach to client service Professional accounting qualification
- Previous experience in client facing environment
- Solid team management experience
- Real estate industry or experience gained within a service provider environment preferred
- Able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Exposure to cash management, corporate secretary and tax
- Experience with Yardi or MRI systems a plus
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin