Fund Accountant - CBRE Global Investors
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 8-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Working alongside the Head of Client Accounting (Funds), and the Fund team of an open ended, quarterly priced, FCA regulated UK property fund, the Fund Accountant will be responsible for all day-to-day aspects of finance control and operations of a well-established UK Property Fund.
At CBRE Global Investors, we believe the best performance comes from putting our clients first. In joining CBRE Global Investors as a Fund Accountant, the successful candidate will become an integral member of the Fund Team, adding value whilst considering the big-picture of the real estate operation. The Fund Accountant will work with internal and external stakeholders to implement suitable processes and controls resulting in timely and accurate fund reporting. The ideal candidate will have a financial and/or real estate background and develop to step up as a Fund controller for this and / or another Fund managed by CBRE Global Investors.
- Preparation of fund accounts reporting to include NAV, total distribution calculations and back up papers for the main fund and its feeder unit trust.
- Oversight of property manager accounting teams and Operating Manager to include establishing consistency of service, and ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of their outputs.
- Assist in preparation of interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit. Take lead in preparation and provision of working papers for year-end audit and preparation of SPV accounts.
- Preparation of information for external tax advisors for tax returns.
- Be a recognised expert in the Yardi Voyager accounting and property management system which is utilised by the property managers and for fund accounting. Full training provided.
- Liaise with/oversee registrar/administration service provided by external organisation.
- Handle requirements for depositary reporting, be key day to day point of contact for depositary and lead quarterly meetings. Provide input into regulatory reporting.
- Support the property investment team in understanding property-specific accounting and tax issues.
- Assist the property investment team with preparation of property specific performance reporting on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist the property investment team if required by calculating performance metrics, modelling fund return scenarios, manage & report project status and preparing budgets including cash flow forecasts.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA. Finalist considered.
- Real estate experience
- Knowledge and understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS and their application to the real estate sector. Able to prepare fund statutory accounts for audit.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and assertive where required, and pro-active
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail, analytical approach
- Sociable and outgoing
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues, clients and outsourced service providers
- Advanced Excel, Yardi (Advantage).
- Project Management
- Knowledge and understanding of tax requirements and Property Authorised Investment Funds.
- Understanding of COLL rules, IM SORP, AIFMD and regulated funds
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing