Front of House - Receptionist (Birmingham)
Birmingham , United Kingdom
Date published: 17-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are looking for a Front of House Receptionist who will be able to provide a 5 star service to all Visitors and Clients.
- Answering all incoming calls via the switchboard.
- Providing a professional meet and greet service to Clients and Visitors.
- Developing a strong working relationship with the Senior Front of House.
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Franking the post and ensuring ready for collection each day.
- Responsible for all meeting room bookings and maintaining its use and smooth running.
- Communicating external and internal meetings to the office.
- Arranging Staff and Client catering in house and with external suppliers for events that are held in the ground floor space.
- Ensuring the meeting rooms are impeccably presented for all meetings and that the required room set up is prepared in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a professional reception space area at all times.
- Maintaining and ordering stationery stock, refreshments, crockery, glassware, cutlery etc.
- Ensuring the C-Bar area and tea points are clean and tidy.
- Providing Clients/Visitors with refreshments upon arrival and during meetings.
- Assisting with inductions of new staff to the office.
- Assisting MD’s PA with marketing and larger client events.
- Proactive and hands on approach.
- Established experience within a senior receptionist role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority.
- Professional and smart appearance.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Confident and assertive where required.
- Sociable and outgoing personality.
- Flexible approach to working hours with occasional early start or later finish due to company events.
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook). RSA Word processing/typing/or equivalent would be advantageous.
- GCSEs – Maths and English language minimum C grade.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm or 9.00am – 5.30pm on a weekly rotational basis, although flexibility with hours will be required.