This position is responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail; may weigh and prepare letters and packages for delivery by another source as well as sort incoming mail for inter-office delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers mail, packages, copy products and stationary to assigned group/location per daily schedule. Ensures that all packages received/delivered are shipped and/or delivered same day, or alternatively consignee with be advised of next day delivery.
- Checks daily and replenishes, if necessary, all mail and postage supplies.
- Audits delivered items with delivery invoices. Approves or rejects deliveries based on inspections. Check for contraband.
- Ensures all shipped packages are adequately protected against damage.
- Processes shipment request with vendor, advising package owner of arrangements.
- Applies appropriate postage amounts and required identification to outgoing mail and packages.
- Stocks copy rooms and provide first response for copier fleet production needs such as clearing jams (no tool repairs) and determining if a technician is needed.
- May perform other duties to include but not limited to monitoring on-line production/copy requests, setup of conference rooms for client meetings, and answer telephones in a professional manner, direct calls, and take messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of related work experience in warehouse, shipping and receiving.
- College Degree holder of any business/ admin course will be a plus
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
- Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Willing to be assigned in any of the following locations : Cebu, Quezon City, Taguig, Nuvali, Naga
- Open to working on any shift, including 6-day work schedule, depending on business needs
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications.
- Ability to use computer system to record materials received and shipped.
- Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
- Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
- Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc
- Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
- Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
- Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
- Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so