For Pooling - Energy Projects Manager (APAC)
Makati , Philippines
Date published: 8-Jan-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are recruiting an experienced Energy Manager with an Engineering background to be part of a global team to deliver Energy saving initiatives from end to end in region.
The purpose of this role is:
- Be part of a Global Engineering and energy team to focus on energy and assist engineering activities
- To identify, develop and implement new energy related opportunities and oversee all initiatives in region from Engineering
- Lead innovation from building systems, supply chain, incentive schemes, engineering best practise and utilise the wider team resources to deliver energy initiatives
- Carry out all energy related tasks to ensure service provision and compliance
- To motivate and train wider team to contribute to energy management
- Project Management and Project Integration of energy eco projects that are identified to completion. Energy eco projects can range up to $1m.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in energy management
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent status in Building services Engineering, mechanical, electrical and related subjects
- An appropriate energy related qualification or equivalent in building services engineering. (to Degree level or higher)
- Extensive knowledge of the principle techniques and technologies which support the efficient use of energy.
- Competency in current benchmark techniques and statistical analysis
- Working knowledge of M&T software
- Project management experience
- Understand the principles behind HVAC, refrigeration and Lighting operation and system design / integration
- Extensive working knowledge of BMS and control theory
- Capable of preparing fully costed energy efficiency proposals and reports
- Ability to carry out full energy surveys and feasibility studies of energy technologies
- Knowledge of customer operations, business drivers, financials and specialist sources of information, legislative requirements where necessary.
- Promote energy efficiency and provide advice and support for the development of energy efficient practices.
- Use Engineering expertise to provide technical oversight, project integration and project management of initiatives that are executed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of corporate energy strategy, legal, statutory and technical issues which affect the client’s premises
- Keep abreast of Energy Market developments and changes, ensuring that the client comply with all Energy Related Legislation.
- Train Energy Engineers and manage their activity, ensuring their expedient use.
- Develop and implement with client, the overall strategy for energy requirements, to meet the strategic intent of the organisation and represent the Energy Department in all areas of the business
- Develop and manage the corporate energy policy and strategy in conjunction with all parties to achieve energy reduction targets through cost effective and efficient implementation.
- Develop and advise on energy strategy/solutions, developing these into working projects, which
- meet client objectives and best practice.
- Be responsible and proactive in compliance issues, such as CRC or other scheme as designed.
- Promote policy and achievements to emphasize how they contribute to its success
- Undertake energy surveys in clients premises
- Manage Air Conditioning Inspections in clients premises
- Develop and implement strategic briefs for design guides /standards to meet the client objectives and brief client departments accordingly.
- Provide full feasibility studies of costed initiatives / projects to reduce energy usage.
- Project management and implementation of initiatives.
- Work with and support the Head of Projects, ensuring that projects are as energy efficient as is financially possible.
- Provide monitoring and verification through the full cycle of the project to achieve cost and energy efficient solutions.
- Validate and challenge where necessary the consumption figures in relation to Utility Billing.
- Report on the usage of utilities specifically relating to Event consumption.
- Provide energy and utility consumption profiles to the client’s Finance Department for events and internal allocation for accounting purposes.
- Collate and summit all data and information in association with Carbon Trading on the clients’ behalf.
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures to achieve economic cost in use
- Maintain a current level of utility market intelligence
- Plan, monitor and achieve consumption / emission targets
- Understand Utility supply trading arrangements
- Analyse Utility profiles and benchmark against known data. Liaise with the Energy Bureau to ensure energy management reports are issued to the Clients’ specifications.